LE PARLOUR NYC LASER SPA
UNDERARM LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Having a professional underarm laser hair removal treatment is the perfect way to make sure that you’re ready for anything, with skin that looks and feels silky smooth.
Schedule a laser hair removal consultation at Le Parlour Laser Spa in Manhattan, Flatiron district today!
Our Lasers & Expertise
Why Choose Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa
The best results with laser hair removal are attained by a combination of technique and technology. At Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa only the best laser platforms are used to provide our patients with superior results. Our hair removal procedures are performed using the Cynosure Elite+™ platform, one of the premier devices in the industry, and our technician has over 18 years of experience using laser hair removal equipment.
Schedule your appointment to experience the best laser hair removal New York City has to offer.
New York City’s Award-winning Laser Spa
Better Results and Less Discomfort
The Elite+ has the ability to switch from one wavelength to another ensuring the results for your skin type. This technology is superior with a cooling tank that maintains your comfort throughout this process.
Our use of the Cynosure Elite+ platform enables Le Parlour to stand out from the rest, allowing us to maximize results while minimizing discomfort.
What is Underarm laser hair removal?
As the name suggests, underarm laser hair removal is a targeted method that reduces and removes all hair from the underarm area. Since the lasers work to destroy the follicles, there is no unsightly stubble left behind and the area will remain hair free for weeks or even months at a time.
At Le Parlour we offer underarm laser hair removal for men, women and non-binary individuals.
Underarm Laser Hair Removal FAQ
How many sessions will I need?
Due to the stages of individual hair growth it generally takes 6 to 9 sessions to attain your desired results. Everyone is different and a personalized treatment package will be outlined in your consultation with our hair removal experts. Call to request a consultation today at our boutique laser spa in Manhattan.
What are the benefits of underarm laser hair removal?
Underarm laser hair removal can be the perfect solution when it comes to producing long-lasting results and freeing yourself from the hassle of daily shaving or waxing. Not only does laser hair removal leave you looking clean and smooth, it can have a number of specific benefits:
- Quick and convenient – the procedure can be performed in just a few minutes and it requires no downtime, so it’s easy to fit into your busy schedule.
- Gentle and effective – using gentle pulses of light to target and destroy hair follicles, laser hair removal leaves you with smooth, hair-free skin.
- Long lasting – while shaving and waxing only provide temporary relief, the results of laser hair removal can last for weeks or even months.
- Reduces body odor – underarm hair can trap scents on the skin, resulting in an abundance of sharp odors, especially in a warm environment. Since laser-based treatments work to destroy hair follicles, they can help you to permanently ditch deodorant by reducing smells by up to 90%.
- Reduces sweating – with clean, smooth skin after underarm laser hair removal, you’ll feel cooler and your underarms won’t sweat as much.
- No ingrown hairs – not only can shaving be time consuming, it can also result in painful ingrown hairs that may even lead to infection. underarm laser hair removal saves you both time and stress as you won’t have to worry about unsightly stubble or ingrown hairs.
How does laser hair removal work exactly?
Laser hair removal involves the use of pinpoint beams of light to destroy the hair follicles by heating them. The wavelength and spot sizes can be varied depending on the area being treated. The ultimate result is heating the melanin in the hair follicle, which is what causes hair growth, without heating the surrounding skin. This way hair growth is stopped without causing damage to the skin. At Le Parlour, we use the Cynosure Elite+ platform, one of the most advanced laser platforms on the market today.
Because laser treatment targets melanin, it generally works best on individuals with dark, coarse hair and lighter skin but the full customizing features of the Elite+ allow us to provide services for all skin types, even dark skinned individuals, making us one of the most all-inclusive treatment centers in New York City.
How many sessions are required and what does underarm laser hair removal cost?
It can take 6 to 9 sessions to achieve your desired results due to the stages of individual hair growth. It’s important to remember that, while laser hair removal is marketed as “permanent”, you will likely need follow-up treatments in the future to maintain your smooth underarms. underarm laser hair removal costs anywhere from $150-$200, a much more affordable alternative to the $350-$550 charged by physicians.
Why are multiple treatments needed?
Our hair growth happens in different cycles, each time there is a growth cycle, we need to target the area being treated. When an area is targeted, only a percentage of hair follicles will be affected.Therefore, to effectively reduce your unwanted hair, multiple treatments are necessary.
Does laser hair removal get rid of dark armpits?
Unlike shaving or waxing, laser hair removal can also provide a long-term fix for dark armpits. Even as it painlessly gets rid of unwanted hair, it can also lighten your armpits for a more pleasing overall look.
How to prepare for your appointment
· Shave 12 hours beforehand – for maximum results, the hair’s root must be in the follicle without any hair sitting above the skin, so shaving beforehand will be beneficial.
· Shower the morning of your appointment – this will give the technician a clean, smooth area to work with.
· Avoid sun exposure and a fake tan
· Wear comfortable clothes.
· Don’t be afraid to ask questions – our goal is to make your experience as comfortable as possible so we want you to have all the information you need.· Hair removal is a breeze at Le Parlour, so relax and enjoy as we provide a private, spa-like experience.
What to expect after your appointment
As with any hair removal process, underarm laser hair removal included, harsh soaps, perfumes or deodorants should not be used after treatment. Some redness and bumps are perfectly normal, but they should go away within 1 or 2 days at the most.
You can also take some simple steps to help your skin recover:
· Cleanse the treated area gently the following day.
· Avoid makeup and moisturizer/lotion/deodorant for the first 24 hours.
· Avoid sun exposure
· Do not pick/scratch/wax/thread or tweeze the treated area.
Dead hairs will begin to shed anywhere from 5-30 days after your treatment and you can exfoliate to speed up hair shedding. Hair growth varies depending on a number of factors including skin type and the specific area treated.
Take The First Step
Treat Your Skin With The Care It Deserves
While laser hair removal is a straightforward procedure, lasers can be misused by inexperienced practitioners. Your skin deserves the best possible care, which is why you should trust the trained technicians at Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa for your hair removal needs.
With our holistic approach to skincare, we ensure that all of our client’s needs are met. We offer underarm laser hair removal for women, men and non-binary individuals in a comfortable, private setting with highly personalized and individually tailored treatment plans. Just fill out the form below or call us at (347) 387-7195 to schedule your appointment and take good care of the skin you’re in.