LE PARLOUR NYC LASER SPA
LASER SKIN RESURFACING FOR DARK SKIN
Skin is our body’s first line of defense against many irritants but that means it also takes a lot of regular abuse, which can result in everything from fine lines and wrinkles to age spots, acne scars and other blemishes. In recent years, more and more individuals have been turning to laser skin resurfacing to help restore and replenish damaged skin. This can be a great, non-invasive way to improve the look and feel of your skin while minimizing the risks and with advances in technology it is now just as safe for individuals with dark skin.
Schedule a laser skin resurfacing consultation at Le Parlour Laser Spa in Manhattan, Flatiron district today!
Our Lasers & Expertise
Why Choose Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa
The best results with laser skin resurfacing are attained by a combination of technique and technology. At Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa only the best laser platforms are used to provide our patients with superior results. Our laser skin resurfacing procedures are performed using the ADVATx® skin resurfacing platform, one of the premier devices in the industry, and our technician has over 18 years of experience using laser skin resurfacing equipment.
Schedule your appointment to experience the best laser skin resurfacing New York City has to offer.
New York City’s Award-winning Laser Spa
Better Results and Less Discomfort
Better Results and Less Discomfort
By combining two wavelengths, ADVA Clear and ADVA Bright, the ADVATx skin resurfacing platform allows us to treat multiple concerns at once. This advanced laser platform can help to eliminate rosacea, acne scars and undesired vascular abnormalities while improving skin tone and texture by reducing fine lines, limiting oil production and shrinking pore size. For most individuals, the discomfort from laser treatment is limited to the sensation of being snapped with a rubber band and it only lasts briefly.
Our use of the ADVATx platform helps Le Parlour stand out from the pack, allowing us to maximize results while minimizing discomfort, regardless of skin tone.
What is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser Skin Resurfacing is a targeted method that reduces skin blemishes, scars, wrinkles and other issues by focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light on irregular skin. The ADVATx platform uses soft, nanosecond pulses that allow for a diffusion of heat while gradually increasing the heat in the target area. At the same time, the surrounding tissue is preserved, making the use of cooling platforms unnecessary.
At Le Parlour we offer Laser Skin Resurfacing for men, women and non-binary individuals.
Laser Skin Resurfacing for Dark Skin FAQ
Is laser skin resurfacing safe for dark skin?
The short answer is yes! Because Laser Skin Resurfacing targets the melanin, which is what gives your skin its color, it has often been assumed that laser skin resurfacing wasn’t safe to use on dark skin but advances in laser technology and technician training have made that concern a thing of the past. In the right hands, laser skin resurfacing platforms can provide a safe and effective option for individuals with dark skin. At Le Parlour, we use the ADVATx platform, one of the most advanced laser platforms on the market today. The dual wavelengths of the ADVATx platform allow us to provide services for all skin types, even dark skinned individuals, making us one of the most all-inclusive treatment centers in New York City.
How many sessions will I need?
The amount of treatment time will vary depending on the size of the treatment area and the severity of the skin problems being addressed. In some cases, only a single session will be necessary while other cases may require multiple treatments. Each individual is different and a personalized treatment package will be outlined in your consultation with our skin resurfacing experts. Call to request a consultation today at our boutique laser spa in Manhattan
What are the benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing For Dark Skin?
Laser skin resurfacing can have many benefits for individuals of any skin type. It’s a great way to address skin blemishes, prominent veins, acne scars and other issues without the risks inherent in more invasive procedures and it has little or no downtime, which makes it convenient as well. When performed by trained technicians at Le Parlour using the ADVATx platform it can have particular benefits for men, women and nonbinary individuals with dark skin:
· Effective treatment of spots and acne scars – acne is one of the most common skin problems, affecting millions of Americans. Laser skin resurfacing is a quick and effective way to reduce acne scars without damaging nearby skin.
· Addresses skin conditions particular to dark skin – with its dual wavelengths, the ADVATx platform is especially equipped to handle conditions such as folliculitis keloidalis, that specifically affect individuals with dark skin.
· Fights the signs of aging – by targeting fine lines and wrinkles while promoting the growth of new collagen, laser skin resurfacing is the perfect way to rejuvenate your skin, leaving it smoother and more youthful looking.
· Gentle and effective – using gentle pulses of light to target problem areas, laser skin resurfacing leaves you with soft, smooth skin with no serious side effects so there is no downtime.
What is the cost?
Since laser skin resurfacing can be individualized to treat specific areas, the cost can vary depending on the severity of your issue and the amount of area to be treated. Our technician can advise as to the exact cost of your treatment during your initial consultation.
What are the risks of laser skin resurfacing for dark skin?
While the risks of laser skin resurfacing are less severe with a non-ablative laser such as the ADVATx platform, there are still some potential issues that individuals with darker skin should be aware of before starting treatment. These can include redness, swelling, itching and pain, the potential for infection and changes in skin tone (hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation). At Le Parlour, the ADVATx platform allows us to minimize these risks, making laser skin resurfacing safe for all skin tones.
How to prepare for your appointment
· Avoid exfoliating – to maximize results, avoid exfoliating your skin for about a week before treatment.
· Adjust your daily skin care routine – temporarily stop using all retinoid creams and other acne medications which can lead to poor healing or scarring after laser treatment and don’t add any new products to your routine right before treatment to reduce the risk of irritation.
· Avoid using aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E or fish oils which can increase the potential for post-treatment bleeding
· Wear comfortable clothes.
. Avoid alcohol and smoking prior to treatment as these can cause skin inflammation and blood thinning.
· Don’t be afraid to ask questions – our goal is to make your experience as comfortable as possible so we want you to have all the information you need.
· Don’t forget to breathe! Laser skin resurfacing is a breeze at Le Parlour, so relax and enjoy as we provide a private, spa-like feeling.
What to expect after your appointment
Response to treatment can vary from one individual to another, but generally speaking it will feel like a mild sunburn. There may be some light redness, swelling, itching or stinging for a few days after the procedure but we do everything we can to minimize the after effects.
You can also take some simple steps to help your skin recover:
· Cleanse the treated area with a saline or diluted vinegar solution two to five times a day.
· Use protective skin care treatments to promote healing.
· Use sunscreen everyday! This is particularly important as treated skin will be especially sensitive to sun exposure.
· Use moisturizer every day to keep treated skin protected.
With non-ablative platforms like ADVATx, recovery time is significantly minimized. In most cases, the effects will only last for about 1 to 3 days.
Say Goodbye To Damage
With Laser Skin Resurfacing For Dark Skin
With the unique dual wavelength ADVATx platform, our trained technicians at Le Parlour NYC Laser Spa can provide gentle treatment with long lasting results for all skin tones. Dark skinned individuals can enjoy the many benefits of laser skin resurfacing without worrying about discoloration and other risks. We’ll be happy to address any concerns you may have during your initial consultation so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
Our holistic approach to skincare ensures that all of our client’s needs are met. We offer Laser Skin Resurfacing for Dark Skin in a comfortable, private setting with highly personalized and individually tailored treatment plans. Just fill out the form below or call us at (347) 387-7195 to schedule your appointment and you can say goodbye to skin damage for good.